We have quite the conundrum for tomorrow. A friend of ours is lending us their car for two and a half weeks, so of course, we’d like to go somewhere. Here’s the problem:
- August hasn’t napped in two days and usually that means on the third day he is in desperate need of a nap
- That means we only have between the hours of 7:30am – 11am to do something
- Shops don’t open until 11am around here
All of this has left me thinking, “What can a parent do between the hours of 7:30am and 11am?” Here are my ideas, and let me know if you have any others:
- Go for a run
- Have breakfast out in some remote location (for us that means not walkable from our home). At least you know you can beat the crowds at 8am.
- Go to the playground
- Grocery shopping
- Find a farmer’s market to wander through
- Some museums, depending on the day, open at 9am
- Go to the beach, if the fog isn’t taking over the city (like it tends to in San Francisco this time of year). Although if you do live in San Francisco, and you’re desperate enough to entertain your toddler, fog won’t stop you.
- There’s always window shopping if the stores aren’t open yet.
- If your kid likes car rides, and you owe a car, go for a drive.
- (wish I had ten, but this is as far as I got)
Anything I’m missing?