I would like to thank Don’t Mess With Mama for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award. One of the biggest compliments you can receive is praise from a fellow Blogger. So, thank you very much, it really means a lot.
However, I couldn’t seem to figure out what this is, what it means, or where it originated. Yesterday, I tried to track this award down by going back through the list of nominations to try to find its’ origins, but to no avail. One interesting thing I did find, however, is that everyone seemed to receive it in the week of April 7th, 2011. Fascinating. At this point, I’m dying to know who created this award and what does it mean? I’m assuming , based on the title, the award is meant for bloggers that have somewhat diverse writing – meaning they don’t just write about the same topics over and over. Although this is extremely flattering that people out there find my blog somewhat unique and interesting, I have to admit I question that validity of it. But you know what they say, “Don’t kick a gift horse in the mouth”. ( Is that what they say? I always get those phrases mixed up – but that’s for another blog entirely.) Therefore, I will just accept this award for what it is and just be grateful to Don’t Mess with Mama for nominating me.
Anyhow, the rules of this award state that I tell you seven things about myself, and that I nominate others for this blog. So, here it goes…..
7 things about me
1. I’ll start with the easy stuff – I’ve been married since November 2, 2008, and next week is the anniversary of my engagement.
2. I got pregnant somewhere around November 16, 2008 and we had our baby boy, August, on 8/16/2009 (one week late and 36 hours later).
3. I have been skydiving twice, much to my parent’s dismay.
4. I’m a bit of a wanderer because I’ve lived in Philadelphia, Houston, Fairfield (CT), Ithaca (NY), Hoboken (NJ), Pontiac (MI), and finally, San Francisco.
5. I love travelling both by myself and with others.
6. I’m in love with Sangria, but I have a hard time finding good Sangria.
7. Writing is what I want to do when I grow up.
My nominations are: (I need to come up with much more, but for now, I thought I would at least get these out there.)